Please note the process for accessing State Purchase Contract (SPC) confidential information has changed. The existing user account to access the SPC confidential information will no longer be active. A new SPC confidential information system is being introduced and will require user registration. Please see instructions in the Registration Guide (126 KB)
The SPC for provision of travel management services was established following an open tender process undertaken by the Department of Treasury and Finance (Lead Agency).
The SPC consolidates all previous travel-related SPCs into a single contract that offers a range of travel services to the Victorian Government.
The SPC has commenced on 1 September 2016 for a period of three years and expires on 31 August 2019 with two one-year extension options.
The SPC is a sole supplier arrangement with Corporate Travel Management (CTM).
Key SPC benefits
The objectives of the contract is to ensure value for money outcomes in the procurement of travel management services across Victorian government and agencies.
The SPC provides the following benefits:
- a single supplier providing end-to-end , 24/7 assistance with travel bookings
- an online portal that includes an industry-standard online booking tool, a pre-trip approval tool and a travel reporting dashboard
- a trading account with monthly settlement of travel expenses
- financial benefits – low transaction fees and competitively priced travel rates
- enhanced support for end users through improved technology and customer service solutions
- tools that allow government entities to forecast and monitor their travel spend
Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of Use
Senior Category Manager
Department Treasury and Finance
Ph: (+613) 9651 1556
Who can access this SPC?
Click here for the full list.
Click here for the full list.
Departments and agencies bound by Victorian Government Purchasing Board policies must purchase all travel arrangements through the SPC if the arrangement is mandated. Refer to above lists.
Subject to approval by the lead department, other government owned or supported organisations such as not-for-profit, councils and other government bodies may access the SPC on a discretionary basis. Consult category manager to confirm eligibility.
Departmental Contract Managers
Departmental representatives/contract managers are the key point of contact between the SPC category manager and departmental users. They can be contacted for SPC information and are responsible for resolving operational issues raised by contract users and suppliers.
Departmental representatives contact details can be found here in the TRAVEL URG Members.docx
The Travel Management Service SPC is a sole supplier arrangement with Corporate Travel Management (CTM).
What you can buy from this SPC
The SPC provides the following products/services:
- travel booking services;
- discounted airfares, hotel rates and car rental prices.
- account management;
- continuous improvement initiatives;
- value-add services, including negotiation of supplier panels on behalf of the State;
- travel data reporting;
- duty of care support;
- assistance with group and emergency travel; and
- ancillary services.
RULES OF USE: How to use this SPC
Parties using the SPC are legally required to comply with the rules of use established by the lead department for purchasing under the SPC as follows:
Before incurring the expense of travel, employees are asked to consider whether the business outcome of the trip could be achieved without travel. For example, consider web, video or telephone conferencing. If travel is necessary, employees should apply the same diligence and logic in controlling travel costs as they would in managing their personal travel costs or other business expenses. Travel should be undertaken in the most cost effective manner. This includes giving due consideration to the lowest fares available from all carriers on the panel.
The Victorian Government will work closely with CTM to promote a culture of cost awareness and the ongoing pursuit of financial savings and process efficiencies.
The use of Best Fare of the Day (BFoD) and advance booking are critical to achieving cost savings when planning and booking arrangements for State-funded travel.
Prior to contacting CTM to make a booking, please ensure you have:
- received approval to travel from an appropriate financial delegate or manager in accordance with your departmental and government policies;
- read the VPS Travel principles VPS Travel Principles;
- read your departmental Travel Guidelines;
- reviewed the travel advice of Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s website www.dfat.gov.au;
- reviewed the travel advice on www.smarttraveller.gov.au;
- a proposed itinerary; and
- your travellers correct name and associated business unit (cost centre).
Booking method options are:
- CTM Smart Portal ( www.ctmsmart.com )
- Telephone bookings: please contact your departmental travel manager for details
- Email: please contact your departmental travel manager for details
To confirm a booking you must be a valid travel profile within the CTM system. Please refer to the departmental travel manager to confirm your status.
Staff of all Departments and Victoria Police who travel on government business (domestically - beyond 50kms from their usual place of work or residence - or overseas) are automatically covered by the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) Business Travel Policy. Details of this policy can be found at: https://www.vmia.vic.gov.au/insure/policies/business-travel Employees of non-departmental government entities who participate in the Travel Management Services SPC must check with their managers if they are covered by the VMIA policy or any other arrangements.
Questions on the policy should be submitted to VMIA directly by calling 03 9270 6900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to join the SPC
Organisations interested in joining the SPC and accessing confidential information should contact the category manager for further information. Non-mandated agencies who are using the current SPC must re-apply to DTF to join the new SPC.