The Citrix products and services state purchase contract (SPC) is for the provision of Citrix software, hardware, technical support, professional services and training.
The SPC was established on 1 October 2015 for a three year term and will expire on 30 September 2018.
Key SPC benefits
The contract aligns to the government’s better financial management strategies and supports stronger industry policies. This is achieved by:
- delivering discounted pricing benefits to government;
- establishing a virtual desktop infrastructure environment;
- establishing streamlined processes in the procurement of the goods and services; and
- providing the opportunity for any level of government to leverage off the SPC.
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Conditions of Use
Senior Adviser, Procurement Branch
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Phone: +61 3 7017 3286
Who can access this SPC?
Departments and agencies bound by Victorian Government Purchasing Board policies may procure from the SPC.
Subject to approval by the lead department, other government owned or supported organisations such as not-for-profit, councils and other government bodies may access the SPC on a discretionary basis. Consult the category manager to confirm eligibility.
Departmental Contract Managers
The category manager is responsible for:
- ensuring the contract continues to provide a value for money outcomes;
- liaising with the supplier on matters relating to the contract administration and operation;
- providing reporting requirements to the Department of Treasury and Finance;
- monitoring performance (include service levels and key performance indicators); and
- monitoring pricing.
What you can buy from this SPC
The scope of the services includes:
- managing the Victorian Government’s licensing for Citrix software;
- provisioning of software including updates and new releases;
- provisioning of hardware;
- consulting services, technical support, education and training; and
- reporting on licensing, sales, trends, technology directions and customer satisfaction.
IT also covers the purchase of Go To products, which operates as a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription.
The "Go To" services comprise of Go To Meeting, Go To Assist, Go To Webinar, Go To Training, and Sharefile. Additional descriptive information about these products are discussed in the Information Brochure (5.3 MB).
RULES OF USE: How to use this SPC
The recommended steps to leverage the SPC with Citrix are outlined below:
Step 1: Identify the products required and estimate the cost
- Determine (in conjunction with Citrix if necessary) what products and services are to needed to achieve the outcome required.
- Check out the pricingor request Citrix to provide availability and pricing of the products/services needed.
The linked pricing is the suggested listed price (SRP) which may vary in line with exchange rates.
An SPC discount applies which can be accessed via the Confidential Information section below.
Step 2: Obtain any Necessary Approvals
Departments and agencies must seek financial and process approvals in accordance with their internal procurement policies. However, using this SPC provides the assurance of an approved VGPB contract; pre-agreed and appropriate commercial terms; and a substantial minimum discount arrangement, in addition to various other indirect benefits.
Other Obligations: This SPC does not remove obligations to comply with any of your departmental or agency requirements, including Contract Publishing System (CPS) requirements for contracts over $100,000 where that is applicable to your agency.
Step 3: Purchase
Once you have obtained appropriate approvals to commit or incur expenditure in accordance with your internal procedures, you may procure under this SPC.
(i) Use the Proforma Purchase Order Annexure A (1.45 MB) to the SPC, as a guide to procure the required products and services in accordance with the Agreement.
(ii) To purchase “Go To” services in accordance with the SPC terms, use the Go To Services Proforma PO (2.1 MB).
Step 4: Formation of a contract
After all approval steps have been fulfilled, the buyer will issue Citrix a written Purchase Order (PO) for the required items at the agreed discounted pricing. The PO may refer to any relevant quotations previously received from Citrix.
A contract will be formed once the buyer has delivered a PO to Citrix and Citrix accepts the PO by signing and returning a copy of it to the buyer.
Channel Partners – Important Notes
As mentioned above, Citrix also sells its products through its channel partners. The following two points should be noted:
- Citrix has confirmed that the SPC discounts will be extended to state agency buyers from channel partners.
- Citrix channel partners are not parties to the Citrix SPC agreement. This means that the commercial protections which exist under the SPC terms and conditions do not apply to agency purchases from channel partners. Buyers must therefore ensure due care is taken in formulating the procurement commercial terms from Citrix channel partners.
Contract information is available to approved users.
A new confidential information system has been established and users are to complete an online registration form. A step-by-step process is provided to interested users. These instructions are detailed in the State Purchase Contracts Registration Guide (126 KB).
Please note confidential information may be only accessed and used for the purpose of joining the SPC and procuring under the SPC.